Monday, March 26, 2012

Trayvon Martin

I have had this poor boy in my thoughts since it happened. I see loads of people that are outraged about his death... that are actively trying to get his killer in jail. I just can't believe how celebrities get flour put in their hair and their attacker gets immediate jail time, yet a child's killer is still running around.  My own family , I have someone in my family that couldn't actually care less about this story. How is that possible?  I have a niece the exact same age as him , she is always wearing a hoodie and her favorite candy is Skittles... Put yourself in the shoes of that family I said to them, their reply? When it's my family, THEN I will care... not before. Then it would be too late, and they would already be gone. I know I'm one person, but I know even just one person can make a difference. I plan to be an activist for Trayvon Martin, even if I have to care for more than just my little amount. For Trayvon's family, I could never fully understand your loss, but I send you love, and encouragement, and healing. There is nothing worse than losing someone over something senseless. Your baby will get justice. I will fight for it to the best of my abilities and will not rest until someone changes that man's freedom status. For Trayvon! A million hoodies in protest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment