Saturday, December 8, 2012

A missing "Star"

Today's blog is a sad one. A person I was close to, someone I looked up to as a mentor, a mother figure and close friend has said their final farewell.
She was a "Star" from the Heaven's fallen to Earth to brighten our lives, and make us cherish them more, she was a mother, a wife, a grandmother, a niece, aunt, cousin and best friend.
The main talent I knew her for OTHER than her great advice, the ear that was always ready to listen, or the shoulder always prepared for a cry, was her art. She was a painter. Her paintings were inspiring, and beautiful just as her soul was and I'm sure still is if you believe in the afterlife and Heaven and such .
I remember talking for hours on end mostly it was her consoling me or giving me advice on how to
make things better in my life, or to cut loose a dead end who was doing me wrong .
     I will always always miss her smile, her warm and caring demeanor, the way she had at easily diffusing a
situation, her quirky outlook on life. The life lessons she taught me in just the short while I had a chance to really get to know her are invaluable. Her life had a special purpose while she may not have known it at the time. Her life was a beacon of light for others who were lost on their journey , she guided and cared and nurtured us as she found us.
She once told me about her past, full of trials , full of bad decisions that lead to her illnesses , but she never once was angry for what had happened, she accepted it , and lived with it as best as she could. That was true strength, true wisdom on her part . She even told me in our discussions that death was something she accepted, that she was ready and would be at peace when the pain was gone. Yes, we mourn her loss, but I accept her death. I feel as if by doing so it honors who she was, it honors her wishes and that, my dear readers to me is the best thing I feel I can do for her now. Honor her wishes, and live through the memories every day for the rest of MY life, and it will be as if she is still surrounding me with her light . In that , I shall be forever comforted , just knowing anytime I need her comfort all I have to do is think of her and her Star that is now missing from the Earth .
Star, I love you. You were always such a great friend and person to me and others , you will be sorely missed . I know you are better off now, but I still will miss you forever.

Love
jaded...
My favorite photo of "Star"


One of my Favorite done by "Star"




No comments:

Post a Comment