Thursday, September 20, 2012

This is a poem a friend of mine wrote on her struggle with cancer, 
she is a strong woman beyond words. I've known her for a while
now and never has she appeared weak, even when the situation 
would have brought most people to their knees, she stood tall and 
never let anything defeat her. I admire her strength, her positivity 
and how she doesn't let something like this affect who she is . In her 
I see grace, (even though she is a klutz and she will agree with me there)
dignity, a strength like no other, and above all, love inside her. She is the 
most amazing woman I've met in a long time. Her kind natured heart does get
broken once in a while, but still she perseveres. She is one of my closest friends, 
and at one time we were together, I love her still, but I know she is doing what she 
needs to in order to better her health and her mind. She is a mother, a daughter, a friend, 
a sister, and a model. She has quirks, she has weirdness and beauty. That is what makes 
her stand apart from all the rest. Her unique view on life blasts her out of this orbit with 
the rest of us. May her cure work, and she continue to wow the pants off of everyone 
for many many years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment